In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Flying Turtle Healing Arts has established new policies and procedures regarding appointments.
Face masks: we’re keeping them on.
- We are technically a health care office and there are patients who are immuno-compromised, Even if you are fully vaccinated, please stay masked in the public areas of the building like the hallways and our waiting room. You are welcome to take the mask off when you are by yourself in the treatment room.
What you need to KNOW
- If you have traveled or gone outside your social bubble/quarantine pod, follow CDC travel guidelines and state/local recommendations.
- If you are feeling unwell or have any flu/cold symptoms, DO NOT come in. Reschedule your appointment online using the original confirmation email or contact me if we are scheduled to meet within 24 hours. We can explore using telehealth and herbal medicine instead.
- If you (or someone in your family) tested positive for COVID-19 and has since recovered, you must be symptom free for at least 14 days or otherwise tested negative.
- If you are fully vaccinated and may have been exposed to someone with COVID, please contact me first. Although the CDC does not require quarantine or testing following a potential exposure, we have to be careful as there are high-risk patients who are pregnant or immuno-compromised. (I would like to give all concerned parties the option to reschedule.)
- If you or someone in your family has increased risk factors like hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, chronic pulmonary illness, etc., please consider postponing our appointment if you are not yet vaccinated.
What you need to DO
- Wear a face covering in the common areas of the building. You may take it off during the treatment while you are alone in the room IF you are fully vaccinated.
- Wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer before and after contact with… well, anything. I will ask/check before you come into the treatment room.
- Fill out this COVID-19 informed consent if you have not been in the clinic since the start of the pandemic. Either:
- Sign and send it back to me electronically (You should be able to use the Photos function in your phone to markup the document as a picture.) or
- Fill out printed copies at the waiting room, but know that it would mean touching clipboards and pens.
- Come right on time to minimize hanging out in the waiting room. I am no longer the only person working in our suite right now, so there’s a higher chance of running into other people.
- Set up contactless/cashless checkout when you next come in.
- Consider installing Apple/Samsung/Google Pay on your phone so you don’t have to take out cash or cards.
- We can store your credit card information for future use.
- I have Venmo and Paypal.
Safety Protocols that will stay in place
- Everyone will wear masks and either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer, which will be provided in the waiting room and treatment rooms.
- Treatment rooms will be aired out for 30 minutes between sessions.
- An air purifier will run constantly to clean the air, unless the noise bothers you (in which case, they will run on High in between sessions).
What I have always done/already had in place:
- Wash my hands and use hand sanitizer before every contact.
- Change the sheets for every patient.
- Use gloves when needed, i.e. during dry needling.